Combine and simmer
Sprinkle the topping
Topping added and it's ready for baking!
- 1lb cooking apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 C fresh blackberries
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1/4 C rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 C pitted dates (I used raisins)
- 1/4 C unsalted sunflower seeds
- Eat-Clean Cooking spray (olive oil in a spritz bottle)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare an oven proof dish by coating with cooking spray
- Core and slice the unpeeled apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. This helps prevent browning. Place in a medium saucepan with the blackberries. Cook over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour cooked fruit into baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and oats. Rub in the oil and stir until mixture resembles crumbs. You may need to add more canola oil until desired texture is reached. Stir in dates and sunflower seeds. Sprinkle crumbly mixture over fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.