This recipe is brought to you by bodybuilder, Charles Williams. Bodybuilding has turned him into a kitchen fiend! He is always looking for lean ways to recreate delicious foods. Why let your taste buds suffer when you there is a whole world of delicious lean foods to be had!
I can never get enough of protein pancakes. Who can pass up a protein rich food disguised as a treat?!
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Power
- 1/2 Cup Oats (Blended)
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 TB Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- Grind oats in blender (on blend mode is sufficient)
- Stir dry ingredients together
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix well (batter will be thick)
- Heat pan on medium heat or low-medium heat
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and slowly spoon or ladle batter into pan
- Cook time will vary based on the size of your cakes. Mine took about a minute and 30 seconds before I flipped them
- Top with fruit, Greek yogurt, sugar-free maple syrup, or smother that bad boy with peanut butter
Recipe and nutrition count graciously provided by Charles Williams. Charles Williams – Designer by day, Bodybuilder by night
Here is the recipe from Tosca Reno’s theEatCleanDiet.com site.
LOVED the eggs in this dish!! Soaked up the flavor of everything!
Lighting is a little yellow in my kitchen at night
Mine came out darker than her picture – I don’t know how she could use molasses and soy sauce and have her noodles appear so white! Ah, professional food photography how you trick my eyes!
My addition: because my husband is a beastly bodybuilder and needs more protein (and a Texan, so I picked red meat) – I added 1lbs blend of extra lean ground sirloin + extra lean ground turkey and mixed another 1/2 batch of sauce with it for flavoring. Tosca recommends chicken or tofu, but we eat chicken every day so I wanted to switch it up.
Will definitely make this again!
Filed under Beef, Carrots, Cilantro, Eat-Clean, Egg Whites, Pasta, Protein, Sauces, Spreads, Salsas, Turkey
Jamie Eason shared this recipe on Bodybulding.com
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins
Another simple recipe I found as a result of my busy lifestyle that so desperately wants to be healthy! Keep in mind, I am currently competing, so my recipe is mighty lean, but can be tweaked with olive oil, cheese, yolk and salt! This is yet another forgiving recipe that can be easily altered.
6 Egg whites
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil seasoning, no salt
1/2 Cup diced pepper and onion blend
1 Cup Baby Spinach
4 Tbsp Salsa
Spray butter (0 cal, 0 carb, 0 sodium) or olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat egg whites
- In a skillet, spray butter or olive oil and heat for about 2 minutes on medium. Add spinach and cook until wilted (about 5 minutes)
- Add the spinach and salsa to the egg mixture
- Use a measuring cup, pour the mixture into the cups of a mini-muffin tin, filling each a little over half way
- Place the muffin tin in the pre-heated oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
Added Note: When I got a new oven these baked in only 12-15 minutes, so watch your eggs! Your oven make bake them faster than 20 minutes.