ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
5 ingredients. Mix and refrigerate.
My original version of these power balls packs fiber and healthy fat power, but these quickies are protein+complex carb rich. I love bringing these to parties because they look and taste yummy, but they are secretly healthful!
Keep in mind that I usually eye ball my measurements, so recognize that this recipe is 1) to taste and 2) extremely forgiving (as are most of my recipes that I post)
- 1 1/2 C oats
- 3/4 nut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey (you can use raw honey OR if you need something leaner this is a sugar free honey out there that is an imitation honey and its delicious)
- 1/2 C extra-dark chocolate chips OR sugar-free chocolate morsels
- 1 scoop low-carb chocolate protein (I use Beverly International UMP for this because it has a creamy texture)
- optional: 1 heaping Tbsp sugar free hot fudge
Really great tips:
- when you mix this, use your hands (the warmth of your hand melts the butter a bit so that it combines better with the oats)
- when rolling these into balls, mash it in your fists back and forth (the warmth of your hand melts the butter a bit so that it combines better with the oats)
- you may need to add more nut butter or honey if your batch needs more sticking power
- pop these in the fridge for an hour before serving