Another simple recipe I found as a result of my busy lifestyle that so desperately wants to be healthy! Keep in mind, I am currently competing, so my recipe is mighty lean, but can be tweaked with olive oil, cheese, yolk and salt! This is yet another forgiving recipe that can be easily altered.
6 Egg whites
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil seasoning, no salt
1/2 Cup diced pepper and onion blend
1 Cup Baby Spinach
4 Tbsp Salsa
Spray butter (0 cal, 0 carb, 0 sodium) or olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat egg whites
- In a skillet, spray butter or olive oil and heat for about 2 minutes on medium. Add spinach and cook until wilted (about 5 minutes)
- Add the spinach and salsa to the egg mixture
- Use a measuring cup, pour the mixture into the cups of a mini-muffin tin, filling each a little over half way
- Place the muffin tin in the pre-heated oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
Added Note: When I got a new oven these baked in only 12-15 minutes, so watch your eggs! Your oven make bake them faster than 20 minutes.