How’s that for a recipe title! This fabulous recipe came from Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Diet Cookbook.
You freeze the cored apples, then thaw, push off the skin and mash with a fork! I was impressed at how easy this was and how perfect it turned out.
- 4-6 medium apples, washed, unpeeled, cored and quartered
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a ziploc bag and shake/rub till evenly covered
- Freeze for at least 4 hours (I left mine in overnight)
- Thaw for 1 hour (or more, skin should easily rub off, if it is still difficult, then let it thaw a bit more)
- Push the skin off the apples
- Mash with a potato masher or fork
Serve cold, yummmm
If you have tried this and put your own twist, please share!
Others who have tried this: The Fitness Freak